Friday, September 12, 2008

Goals

Today I was only able to do my 30 minute workout DVD. I did turn on my pilates and started doing them, but my sciatic nerve was hurting way too much, so I stopped. Hopefully tomorrow I can go running and then do pilates and feel better about that. And can I just say how very sore I am right now. Ow! I woke up this morning with my shoulders so stiff, my hamstrings ready to fall off and so on! But I feel like I am making progress when I am sore so I will stick with it!

Now for my goals and aspirations! Ha ha! I have been thinking about this for a long time and have been trying to do things so I can achieve these goals and make them realistic for me. So here it goes.
1- I will work out 5-6 times a week for 30-60 minutes.
2-I will lose 20 pounds by December 17, to be down to my pre-pregnancy weight.
3-I will be able to fit into all my old clothes by Dec 17 comfortably and not look like I have just been poured into my clothes.
4-I will gain muscle in my Relief Society arms so they look fantastic by December 17.
5-I will have a nice flat stomach that I am proud of by December 17.
6-I will be able to run a 5K by December 17.
7-I will eat healthy and say NO to junk food on a regular basis and when I do indulge in the sweet things in life (junk food), I will be moderate in my servings.
8-By March 1, I will lose a total of 30 pounds.
9-I will "walk" to Jamaica by March 1.
10-I will be strong.

Now I realize a lot of these goals go hand in hand, but I wanted specifics. I want to by down to my pre-pregnancy weight by December 17 because that will be my six month mark and I want to lose an additional 10 pounds because I like how I look when I am at that weight. And I want my weight loss to be realistic. I enjoy running, so I want to be able to run in some 5K races, those where you are running for a cause like MS or something like that. And I want to be strong and build my muscles, especially my back muscles for me of course but for my kids. I want to be strong for my next pregnancy (in a couple years) because I don't want my ribs to go out again in be in pain like I was with Blythe the last few days of my pregnancy. I think that is about it. I look forward to seeing your goals shortly. I hope all is going well for you!
Laura

No comments: