Saturday, September 13, 2008

Carrie's goals

I thought I better follow Laura's good example and put in my goals. I'm still trying to figure out the difference between what I want and what is realistic, so I hope my goals are attainable, but not too easy. First I should say that I've been exercising for 11 weeks now, so I'm going to put the goals I've accomplished so far and then my ongoing goals.

My first goal was simply to get up and exercise every day. I originally wanted to loose 10 to 15 pounds. Then I actually weighed myself and realized that I really needed to loose closer to 20-25 pounds. After several weeks of exercising and not losing any weight, I decided to concentrate on inches, more than pounds, although I would still like to see the pounds drop.

So far I have lost 1 1/2 pounds, 3 inches around my waist, and 2 inches around my hips.

My goals from this point on are:
1. Continue to work out five days a week for 30-50 minutes each day, alternating circuit/weight training with aerobic exercise.
2. Increase my intensity from intermediate to advanced on my Tony Little "Pump up the Circuit" program by October 15th.
3. Move on to Tony Little's "Rock the Circuit" by December 1st.
4. Be to a size 10 in both waist and hip measurements by January 1st.
5. Lose 5 lbs by January 1st.
6. Finish Walk to Jamaica on schedule.
7. Be to a size 8 by April 1st.
8. Lose 10 pounds by April 1st.

I'm not sure what my rewards are yet. I had planned on rewarding myself with a certain amount of money for clothes when we get our tax return. We've had some financial set backs this week, so I'm not sure if that is realistic anymore, but I'll see what I can come up with. One of my ongoing rewards and motivators is that I get to read "The Host" (for the second time) only while I'm riding my stationary bike. So far that makes me look forward to riding more than I usually do.

Carrie

No comments: